2016 Acura MDX vs 2016 Lexus GX near Mequon, WI
The SUV Comparison You've Been Looking for
If you’re ready to make the purchase of a new SUV, but aren’t sure where to start, we at Acura of Brookfield can assist. To help you weed out the competition, we put together the comparison of the 2016 Acura MDX vs 2016 Lexus GX near Mequon, WI. By the end of this head-to-head battle, you’ll see the many ways the MDX trumps the GX.
Although the Lexus GX does get a slightly higher horsepower rating of 301, as opposed to the Acura MDX’s 290 horsepower, it does sacrifice on efficiency. Carpools, errands, and trips are just a few of the utilizations of an SUV, and having a good fuel economy is essential. The MDX allows you to go further on less with 18/26 MPG city/hwy1, while the GX will hold you back with 15/20 MPG city/hwy2. In addition, the MDX also boasts the innovative 9-speed automatic transmission with Sequential SportShift paddle shifters, while the GX only features a 6-speed sequential-shift automatic Electronically Controlled Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i).
When it comes to the interior, the Acura MDX continues to outshine the Lexus GX. Coming standard in the MDX is leather-trimmed seating, which is only found in higher trims of the GX. So everyone in the cabin can stay comfortable year-round, the MDX is equipped with the tri-zone automatic climate control, which caters to both those in front and in the back – you’ll have to upgrade trim levels in the Lexus GX in order to acquire this. For the utmost convenience, the MDX is also standard with a keyless entry, which lets you access the SUV without the hassle of looking for your keys. Once again, you won’t find this feature as standard in the GX in this comparison of the 2016 Acura MDX vs 2016 Lexus GX near Mequon, WI.
Wherever you’re headed, whether it’s taking a trip across the country or heading to the Milwaukee County Zoo with your little ones, you’re going to need the space to accommodate all of your varying needs. And, with the MDX, that’s exactly what you’ll get. This SUV provides you with 15 cubic ft. of cargo space3 in the back, while the GX only offers 11.6 cubic ft. of space4. When you need all the room you can get, the MDX knows how to deliver. With both rows folded flat, you’ll have 68.4 cubic ft. of total volume5 to utilize in the 2016 MDX. When you’re in the Lexus GX with the rear rows collapsed, there’s only 64.7 cubic ft. of room4 at your disposal.
As you can see from this battle of the 2016 Acura MDX vs 2016 Lexus GX near Mequon, WI, the MDX has effortlessly taken the lead. Here at Acura of Brookfield, you can see what else this SUV has in store when you take it out for a test drive.
1. Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery package/condition (hybrid models only) and other factors.
2. Preliminary mileage estimates determined by Lexus. EPA mileage estimates not available at time of publishing. Actual mileage will vary.
3. Based on SAE J1100 cargo volume measurement standard.
4. Cargo and load capacity limited by weight and distribution.
5. Based on SAE J1100 cargo volume measurement standard plus floor space between first and second seats and front seats moved forward. This figure compares more accurately with most competitive measurements.